domingo, 10 de abril de 2011

MYSELF

   This is Fernando Minda. I  am  from  Quito-Ecuador, and  I  am  so  pleased  to  be   part  of  such  a  great  cohort .  I  was  browsing  through  the  messages;  I  am   indeed  amazed  of  how much knowledge language-professionals (from  all  over  the  world)  have   to  share.  I will learn so much from every one of you. Being part of this course will be a life changing experience since everybody has vast experience as well as great expertise. I am so  sorry,  I  have  not  introduced myself  any  earlier, but life is  hectic  when   you  run  on  a  six-day- a week  schedule. Do not get me wrong, I love what I do; however , I  have  to  acknowledge  the  fact  that real-teachers never leave the classroom regardless of where they are.  

     I  have   been  in the   ESL/ EFL  field  for 12  years,  and  I  cannot  get  enough  of  it. The more I teach, the more I learn. Every time I  teach an aspect  of  English, I  perfect  my  methodology  and I improve my  approach to  students as I  work  on their needs and meet  their  goals in the target  language. There is so much knowledge that life seems too short, at times.  However, teaching  is  such  a  privileged  way  to  learn,  and I  have  been  taking   full  advantage  of  it.  Ellie, I love your quote!  It is the truth indeed.  

     Three  years  ago,  I  started  working  at  the  College-level, up  until  then, I had mostly  worked  on  tutoring by  helping  all  kinds  of  students   with  specific  requirements  in  the  English  language.  I  have   had  the  opportunity   to work  as  a translator  and  an  interpreter  as well, and  every day, I grow more and more aware of the opportunities for  language –professionals of  in such fields. Pursuing a degree in those areas, sometime in the future, has been in my mind for a while.   

     At  university, I  work with students  who come  from different  backgrounds  and  have  so much  to bring  to  the   learning- table.  I  look  forward  to  using  the   technological  tools  we  will  learn  in  this  course to  boost   my  students’ potential  and  improve  their  command  of  English. Teaching is such a privileged opportunity to learn and help others succeed in their learning. Life cannot get any more rewarding than that, can it?  There is no point in learning something   that will never be shared.  Knowledge is never to be hidden from others.  Learning how to incorporate technology into my teaching will be fun, interactive, and encouraging. Technology is a teacher’s best friend (a great resource as well as a vast source of tools and information).

I am so looking  forward  to  hearing  from you  all and  sharing  knowledge  as  much  as possible.


Sincerely,  
 

Fernando Minda 

1 comentario:

  1. Dear Fernando:
    This is Alex Suarez from Ibarra, I felt so happy to know that not only teachers from other countries were involved on this on line course, but knowing that You are from Ecuador and very close to my city.
    I enjoyed very much reading about you, and I completely agree with you when you say "Sharing is a life changing experience". I guess for all of us this is a new experience and are going to get as much as we can from each other.
    As you say, you must feel very proud of what you are doing because, definitely if you chose to be a teacher is because you love doing it, otherwise there is no reason to do it.
    Your words not only encourage your students, they have encouraged me to continue teaching and improving myself on what I am doing. Now with all this knowledge on technology, which is very new for me, all of us will get not only our students' goals but our goals too.
    Congratulations for your job, continue learning to keep on teaching.
    Regards
    Alex S.
    PS: I like your blog. It looks very interesting. I hope someday I will be able to do one like yours.

    ResponderEliminar